Glenburn is a town in Penobscot County, incorporated on January 29, 1822 under the name of Dutton, changed to Glenburn in 1837. Samuel Dutton held a major interest in the original township. He later became a Judge of Probate, a founder of Bangor Theological Seminary, and an agent for others owning land in the county. According to Chadbourne, the current name comes from the Scottish glen, a narrow valley, and burn, a small stream in a narrow valley - Kenduskeag Stream.
The town is becoming a major suburb of the Bangor area with population more than tripling in the 30 years 1970-2000, and growing at a rate of 24 percent 1990-2000. he boot-shaped town is served by the extension of Bangor's Broadway, Route 15, and has substantial frontage on Pushaw Lake.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 29.3 square miles (75.9 km2), of which, 27.2 square miles (70.4 km2) of it is land and 2.1 square miles (5.5 km2) of it (7.23%) is water.
Glenburn Area Code is 207