|Castine, Maine - Introduction|
Castine is a town in Hancock County, Maine, United States. Castine is the home of Maine Maritime Academy, a four-year institution that graduates officers and engineers for the United States Merchant Marine and marine related industries.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 20.0 square miles (51.8 km2), of which, 7.8 square miles (20.2 km2) of it is land and 12.2 square miles (31.6 km2) of it (60.98%) is water. Castine is drained by the Bagaduce River estuary.
The town is crossed by state routes 166 and 166A. Situated on a peninsula in Penobscot Bay, Castine is bordered by the town of Penobscot to the northeast, Brooksville across the Bagaduce River to the southeast, and near Islesboro to the southwest.
Castine Area Code is 207
|Blue Hill Region Map|
Castine, ME - Web Resources
- Town of Castine, ME - P.O. Box 204, 67 Court Street,Castine, Maine 04421
Telephone: 207-326-4502 Fax: 207-326-9465
- Maine Maritime Academy: Maine Maritime Academy (MMA), a small, co-educational, public college on the coast of Maine, offers you a world of opportunities.
- Pleasant Street, Castine, ME 04420-5000
- Castine Golf Club: The Castine Golf Club is open to the public, providing recreational and social opportunities for the community, club members, and visitors.
- 200 Battle Avenue, Castine, Maine 04421
- Castine Historical Society: The Castine Historical Society is dedicated to collecting and preserving information and materials related to the history of the Castine-Bagaduce River area.
- P.O. Box 238, Castine, Maine 04421-0238