|Georgetown, Maine - Introduction|
Georgetown is a town in Sagadahoc County, Maine, United States. Home to Reid State Park, the town is part of the Portland-South Portland-Biddeford, Maine Metropolitan Statistical Area. Located on an island accessible by car from the mainland, Georgetown includes the villages of Five Islands, Georgetown, Bay Point, Marrtown, West Georgetown and Robinhood. It is a popular tourist destination.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 31.9 square miles (82.5 km2), of which, 18.7 square miles (48.5 km2) of it is land and 13.1 square miles (34.0 km2) of it (41.16%) is water. Georgetown is located on an island near the mouth of the Kennebec River and Gulf of Maine, part of the Atlantic Ocean.
It is crossed by Maine State Route 127. The island is separated by water from Westport to the northeast, Southport to the east, Phippsburg to the west, Arrowsic to the northwest, and Woolwich to the north.
Georgetown Area Code is 207
|BoothBay Harbour Region Map|
Georgetown, ME - Web Resources
- Georgetown Historical Society - 20 Bay Point Road, Georgetown, Maine
- Georgetown Central School: Georgetown Central School
serves Kindergarten through Sixth Grade students from the towns of Georgetown and Arrowsic, Maine. - 52 Bay Point Road P.O. Box 469 Georgetown, Maine 04548
Telephone: 207-371-2160 Fax: 207-371-2595
- Five Islands Farm: A Charming Mid-Coast Maine Garden & Gourmet Market Filled with Fresh Local Produce, Plants, Fine Food & Wine. - 1375 Five Islands Rd., Georgetown, Maine 04548
- West Island Studio - 37 Bay Point Road, Georgetown, Maine 04548
- Robinhood Free Meetinghouse: Robinhood Free Meetinghouse, a Maine restaurant and catering facility in scenic Georgetown, Maine, six miles from Bath. - 210 Robinhood Road, Georgetown, Maine 04548-9801
Telephone: 207-371-2188 Fax: 207-371-2424
- Five Islands Lobster Co.: Five Islands, a fishing village on the island of Georgetown, Maine. Five Islands is known as the "prettiest harbor in Maine", and is truly one of the most picturesque spots anywhere on the coast. - 1447 Five Islands Road, Georgetown, Maine 04548